Monday, October 1, 2012

First First Date

So one time in college, I was bored and signed up for a 3 day trial on match.com. I went on one date and it was horrible. Like walk home along Newbury street and retail therapy horrible. I was a horrible date, he was a horrible date. So it was mutual. I mostly felt betrayed by his false advertising pictures. Anyway, it was horrible and I hoped that I would never have to online date ever again for the rest of my life. So far, not going as planned.

So on Friday afternoon, I took it upon myself to set up a plenty of fish profile. Mostly because it's a free site and seems to be low risk. It is sort of overwhelming. I've been getting a lot of emails, but most of them are "How u doin?" Ugh. I don't think I should be in a serious relationship RIGHT now, but I still don't want to spend time with someone who is a total waste of time. Being the hetero-normal lady I am, I'm not planning on initiating much really, rather just responding. I got an email from someone that seemed to meet my very superficial criteria. (I don't want to date someone significantly younger than me. Older would be better, but I'm not going after a 24 year old. Eff that. Also, I don't want to date short guys, guys with kids already or guys that are already losing their hair (and are ugly). Hey, I said it was superficial.)

Anyway, we emailed back and forth for most of the weekend and decided to meet in person yesterday afternoon. I was SO nervous. What do I wear? How do I find him? Is it going to be horrible? Then how to I escape? I had trouble doing my homework yesterday afternoon, and then went into full blown freak out about an hour before. I think it went well. We both seemed to have an easy time talking, but I'm afraid I word vomited all over him a few too many times. We'll see if he calls me again. I liked him and could see myself being comfortable spending time with him, but I'm not sure if it was quite the attraction I was hoping for. We'll see. What is it? Girls are pressure cookers, guys are microwaves?

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment