Thursday, December 27, 2012

New Year's Resolutions

I feel semi-obligated to write this post as someone who has a blog. I wouldn't call myself a "blogger" per say, but still.  Resolutions are usually something that I am really into, or completely pass by. I'm never one to force them. Also, as a Jew, I have the advantage of getting a chance in early fall to make resolutions as well. For those of you who are paying attention, early fall was particularly tumultuous for me, so any resolutions I make now would just be coming from a much different place.

One year, my new year's resolution was to stop crossing arms in front of my chest. There were a few times where I would catch myself doing it and have a small freak out then throw my arms down like Sister Mary Margaret of SNL. I'm pretty sure that doing that was weirder than the negative vibes crossing your arms puts out. I still try to avoid this gesture, and am significantly more conscious of it when I do allow myself to do it.

Since I broke up with T, I've been working hard to be happy and improving myself. This includes reconnecting with my friends and family and getting healthier. I have lost some weight, but I can't quantify it because I left the scale I owned at the house I shared with T and haven't replaced it. I feel like I'm in a good place right now, but would still like to strive for some things in the year to come.

Happy 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment