Thursday, September 5, 2013

A New Year

It's Rosh Hashanah, which means Jewish New Year. It's also been One year and three days since I moved into my very own apartment. It's a lot to reflect on. I have been thinking about this post for a while and I have to admit I am totally winging it. 

So let's start with an update: fall semester started up again last night. I always get anxious about the unknown at the start of the semester. Some professors come off as so serious and demanding in their syllabi, but end up being teddy bears. At the very least, this is my second to last semester! I'm starting to get into a stride with my new job. I'm definitely not comfortable yet and so many of my coworkers have been on the program for decades, so I know I have a long way to go. 

Last weekend I spent a few days with my BFF and her family. I had done the same thing last July during a work shut down, before things fully went south with T. It was an interesting comparison.  On Sunday evening when we were toasting before dinner, I had reminded everyone of my freedom anniversary and they all rejoiced.  I had bought myself a present: a silver feather bangle, but decided to not wear it until Tuesday when I got back home. It's a nice reminder of where I have come in the last year. 

As I drove my BFF to the airport on Monday, we reflected on the weekend and where my personal life is at the moment. I declared that this past year was about me healing and resetting, but this coming year is about me perfecting and really focusing on me. 

So with that, we'll have to see what happens. I will try to continue to blog. 


No comments:

Post a Comment